Zucchini recipes Zucchini gnocchi with sour cream and English bacon
Zucchini gnocchi with sour cream and English bacon
Recipe Zucchini gnocchi with sour cream and English bacon
Did you try this recipe?
Add your photo and show off
BestOlivia    ·   8.10.2022

Zucchini gnocchi with sour cream and English bacon

I would guess that about 90% of the nation is now enjoying the beach in a bathing suit, and the remaining 10% is half-naked walking somewhere in the mall to escape the heat and boredom. I'm going against the flow again. I got a virus, so I sweat even without the sun and my throat feels like I swallowed a hedgehog crossed with a cactus. So I just prepared a quick lunch.

45 min
Preparation time
35 min
Cooking time


1 pc
medium-sized zucchini
1 pc
3 tbsp
potato starch
8 tbsp
plain flour
1 tsp
1 tsp
dried garlic

Extra ingredients:

smoked meat
English bacon
sour cream
Preparation steps
  1. Grate the zucchini on a fine grater (do not peel the young ones, peel and hollow out the older zucchini with a hard skin), do not remove the juice!!!, add eggs, salt, dried garlic, potato starch and flour and mix into a dough. I throw a test mini-gnocchi into boiling salted water, if it get overcooked, I add more flour. Then I scrape the dough into a grater and push it into the boiling water with a plastic spatula. I remove the gnocchi from the bottom so they don't stick to the bottom and cook until they are all afloat. They are ready in almost no time. Then I remove them with a strainer and immediately cool them in cold water so that they don't completely "mash".
  2. I mix the cooked gnocchi with diced, fried smoked bacon (of course,add heated fat as well, it separates the gnocchi beautifully, greases them and makes them smell good). Today I served them with sour cream sauce and diced and fried English bacon.
  3. About 5.5 oz of smoked meat, English bacon or lard and 1 medium-sized onion are enough for this amount of gnocchi. Add 2 tablespoons of sour cream, add salt to taste and season with dried garlic, mix again and serve immediately.
  4. I prepare the dough for gnocchi and preserve it in batches so that it stays the same way.
Recipe comments
You are replying to user cancel
Add comment